Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Boys Workday Under The Sink


It's was a boys' workday at the Park household. 
While, I took two of our furry friends to the vet my boys got to work on their Saturday project.
And what a sweet sight they were when I got back home. 

The boys' project for the day was to install two new faucets.



Buddy Bee had the very important task of handing Daddy the tools he needed.

This was the current faucet....ick.
And believe me it's as clean as I could get it...still very gross.

Buddy Bee copying Daddy's every move.




Buddy Bee still wearing his booboo reminder.


Buddy Bee demonstrating to Mommy exactly what Daddy was doing.



Then he became the supervisor.

Finally, the old faucet is out.

And it left a gross mess.

The boys returned to under the sink to install the new facuet.


And soon we had a shiny, new, working faucet.

There is a story behind this faucet. 
It was originally purchased for our kennel almost 2 years ago by my father. 
For some reason, which I cannot remember, it did not work with the sink so, unbeknownst to me Andrew bought it for me to replace the kitchen faucet at our old home.  Because we had started communications for the purchase of our cabin we held off on installing it, not knowing that it would be 9 months before the cabin was ours. I am so glad we waited because it's so nice to have a nice shiny faucet in my new kitchen. 


Yay for my hardowrking boys who gave me a new faucet.

The sink crew soon moved to the master bath to start the progress all over again.
If you thought the kitchen sink was bad just look at this "beauty".



Yes, there is condensation inside the knobs.

The boys tried very hard not to make a mess of the bathroom.

If you notice on the inside left, right before the start of the spout there is a change in color (besides the change in color from the finish wearing off).....that is a hole forming.
You have to love 20 year old faucets.

After a trip to the hardware store for new water pipes this little beauty was installed. 

I am in love with her! 
When I started looking for a new faucet I was shocked at the $100+ price tags on many and I was not finding anything I really loved.
I just happen to be looking on the Lowes website when I found this faucet for $39.
She was perfect; cheap and attractive!

Isn't she cute and pretty!
She makes me smile when I am brushing my teeth in the morning.

I have big plans for this bathroom involving a lot of paint but I made a promise to myself that paint has to wait until we tackle the disaster of our basement....


These two faucets may be tiny victories in the long road to updating and making our cabin our home but to me they are huge improvements in our daily lives.  Yay for my boys for working so hard to make Mommy smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment