Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What We Found On Craigslist



You will never know what kind of gems you might find on Craigslist unless you look. 
I never thought I would find the treasures that are now in our house but I did. 
Three months before we moved into our new cabin the reality hit that this new house would be empty
 if we did not get more furniture.  But then the bigger reality hit that all our extra finances were being poured into our new house.  So a very frugal plan was developed...one that invovled craigslist. 
I spent months pouring over furniture and antique ads posted on craisglist until I found the four needed items. 

And here are the new to us pieces that now reside in the Park household.


This antique hutch I found locally and was perfect for our entryway. 
 And just because someone wanted a more modern look in their home this beautiful piece came home with me!



The next piece  is a three piece set.

I had to drive an hour for this coffee table and side table set but it was so worth it! 
If the glass insert survives Buddy Bee's childhood it will be a miracle but for now it's a perfect place to drive trucks, trains, and cars with the Buddy Bee.

One of the two side tables with my fabulous antique lamp that I picked up at an antique barn.

 
The next 2 pieces were a surprise find. 
 I was only looking for a buffet for behind our couch but found this set that we fell in love with. 
We drove an hour and a half for the two pieces but what a find these were. 

China hutch


We would find out later that these 2 pieces are originally from the 1930's.

Buffet

They both need some refinishing but we love them!


The last piece we found was our dining room set.

I could not believe how perfect this table set fit into my decor plans for our new home.




You hear stories about craigslist nightmares but overall we had very positive experiences. 
We could not be happier with our new pieces of furniture. 
They are all used pieces of furniture but for now they're perfect for a house with a one and a half year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment