Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Andrew's Service Painting


Andrew proudly spent 2008 deployed to Afghanistan. 
I am very proud of my husband's service and very thankful he came home unharmed.

Andrew on patrol.


Andrew spent some time during his deployment in a remote village in an eastern province of Afghanistan .


His time spent in Afghanistan will always be with him and when he returned I wanted to honor his service. 

When Andrew sent me this gorgeous picture he took on a patrol I knew immediately how I would honor his deployment.
I enlisted the help of an amazing artist, Rachel Israel, to paint a surprise memorial painting for our home.

We just recently had the painting framed and it is proudly hung in our entryway. 


After Andrew's first deployment I vowed my support to his service for his country by promising to honor  each deployment by having a memorial painting created.
As the years pass we will add more service paintings to our home and in the end our family and love will be stronger for it.
Andrew is proud to serve and I am proud of his sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment