Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Monumental Day

December 10, 2011 was a very monumental day for the Park family. 
It was on that day that Buddy Bee and I sat before Company A and watched Andrew take command of the unit as the commanding officer.  Buddy Bee and I watched 85 soldiers stand in formation as Andrew was presented the company guidon from the previous commander. 

What love we felt for Andrew at that moment. I am a very proud wife and feel so honored to call this man my husband.  I was presented flowers from the company for my support to Andrew and his military career.  I saved three roses  from that bouquet,  one for each of us, as a reminder of that day. 

A few hours after the ceremony we would be holding a Christmas party for the Company and their families.  But in the meantime, Buddy Bee enjoyed running around the drill floor having the soldiers throw his ball for him.  It will always amaze me, that even in the midst of 80 some men in the same uniform, Buddy Bee always knew where Daddy was even from far away.  I sometimes have trouble picking Andrew out  but not Buddy Bee.  He would look at me, point to Andrew, tell me "Da", and run to him yelling "Da, Da" the whole way.
I love Buddy Bee's new found expressed love for his Daddy!

Soon families started arriving and our Christmas party began.

Buddy Bee waiting for his food.

We had a huge holiday meal however, Buddy Bee was not interested in eating anything but...

a Christmas cookie!


Buddy Bee licking the icing off of his cookie.


Sugar kisses for Mommy!


A quick cuddle for Daddy.


Off running to work off the sugar.


Buddy Bee loved the Pooh.

After a fabulous meal it was time for Christmas gifts for all the kids.  A local Dollar Tree donated and collected items for each child of the soldiers.  A group of ladies and Buddy Bee had been working hard at sorting, packing, and wrapping all the gifts for each kid.  There was so many items donated that each child went home with a huge box full of goodies.

Buddy Bee picking up his gift from Santa.


Daddy helping Buddy Bee open his present.

Pulling out all his goodies.

Daddy helping Buddy Bee go through all his gifts.

Buddy Bee whacking the box with his new hammer.

Our little family.

We had a wonderful day filled with so many new memories for our family. 
Buddy Bee and I could not be more proud of Andrew and all he has and will accomplish.


No comments:

Post a Comment