Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Thanksgiving from the Parks!

The Sunday before Thanksgiving Buddy Bee wore something very special to church.

Buddy Bee wearing the knitted sweater Oma made him. 
(you can tell our little guy did not feel the best)

Buddy Bee's sweater has three knitted bears with their faces on the front and tails on the back.
Oma made a sweater similur to Buddy Bee's for me when I was little but mine had bunnies and was pink.

My brother and sister all wearing sweaters knitted by Grandma.
I feel very honored that Buddy Bee was able to wear this very special sweater, made with so much love, from his Oma.

Thanksgiving morning we have a tradition of meeting the "teens" (many are no longer teens but adults)  at our church to have breakfast, watch Elf, and read the black friday sale flyers.

Buddy Bee has to get up early to have breakfast with the teens so he goes in his pjs....
Daddy might have gone in his pjs too.

Buddy Bee watching Elf and possibly turning on and off the DVD player.


Breakfast on the go!
Buddy Bee enjoyed his piece of bacon.



Family picture with a Buddy Bee ready to go back to bed.

 Enjoying breakfast and some wonderful fellowship.

 Beautiful Julia and the Buddy Bee.

Andrea trying to control a squirmy Buddy Bee!

Group Picture

We love these "teens" and of course our little Bee!

We had a fabulous time with the teens but needed to get our little Bee back to bed.  So, we headed back home to start on Thanksgiving preparations and to let our little one sleep.



For the first time since Andrew and I have been married we got to have our very own Thanksgiving.
I was looking forward to just spending time with my boys on Thanksgiving day.


Thanksgiving food cooking on the stove.

My boys waiting for dinner and enjoying the fresh air.

Turkey cooking in the crock pot.


"I want dinner, Mom!"

Our Thanksgiving feast.



My very first Apple Pie.

Buddy Bee waiting for his food.



Buddy Bee wanted to try a pickle and ended up eating the whole thing.

He is getting very good at using a fork!

Thanksgiving family picture.

My sweet little boy and I.

Buddy Bee and some after dinner entertainment.

The day after Thanksgiving we had our annual desserts and games with my family.

Uncle Jord and a naked Buddy Bee.

Buddy Bee sharing his cake with Uncle Jord.




Oh, the things Uncle Jordan lets Buddy Bee do...
little feet on the table.

We had a great time at our desserts and games.  I love me some Phase 10!  Grampy and Uncle Jordan even stayed and babysat Buddy Bee while Andrew and I went bowling with some good friends!

The following Sunday we celebrated our last Thanksgiving for the year with Andrew's family.

Buddy Bee even found a fringed blanket at Nana's house. 
He did not cuddle very long.  He was soon back to running around with his cousins.

We have a lot of be thankful this year. 
We feel so blessed with everything we have been given and we look forward to how our little family will be shaped in the year to come.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment