Monday, June 25, 2012

An Addition to Our Front Porch.


When we bought this house the ONLY thing that I wanted for our front porch was a porch swing.  You really can't have a cabin on top of a mountain and not have a porch swing, right? Well, the plan was to buy one as our anniversary present to each other but plans always change when you find a great deal.  And this great deal I just happened to find at a yard sale posted on craigslist. 

My boys taking our new swing out of the SUV.

The swing is a very solid piece, it just needed a new finish and a good cleaning.


Not bad for a yard sale find.

Our little boy trying out the swing.



It looked pretty good in pictures however, in person the finish was chipping and it was covered in this thick dirt/mold.


After a lot of scrubbing, hand sanding, and some time spent with the power sander I had this swing back to it's natural wood finish.  Of course I did not take any all natural pictures of this little beauty but I am not sure my hands could have held up the camera after all that sanding.  Once I had the finish smooth and the swing wiped free of dust I spent an afternoon during the little Bee's nap time spray painting it to a nice white satin finish.  And after a little assistance from my father in hanging our bright and shiny porch swing we were soon enjoying my one wish for our porch.




I am in love!  There is nothing like snuggling with your hunnies on a porch swing!  While Buddy Bee just likes going "high" as he puts swinging. Andrew and I look forward to spending many evenings swinging while watching our Bee run around the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment