Sunday, July 17, 2011

Super Secret Birthday Box

About 2 months ago the Buddy Bee and I were at another birthday party where I got the perfect idea for the Buddy Bee's 1st birthday gift.  When we got back home I started doing research for the perfect gift for our little boy and I was so excited!  I quickly found that my taste for amish made, solid wood, all natural furniture was beyond our budget for the Buddy Bee's birthday.  Now, I could have gotten a much cheeper verison of this gift but I wanted this to gift to be an heirloom for my little boy. 

It would be shortly after this realization that the Super Secret Birthday Box Project was developed!  And it was only made possible by one man.....GRAMPY!  It helped that Grampy (my father) is a very talented carpenter and that he had a very good apprentice (daddy)!

 The Buddy Bee would be getting a very special TOY BOX made by Grampy and Daddy for his 1st Birthday!

Buddy Bee's toy box was made from cherry wood cut off of the family farm. 
 
Buddy Bee watching Grampy work.



Grampy hard at work!

 The Buddy Bee loved the loud machines Grampy was using!

One side done.

Starting to look like a box.

Assembled and ready for the oil finish.



Daddy and Grampy oiling the wood.



The Buddy Bee's very special toy box.

 It is my hope that this box will hold the Buddy Bee's toys for many years and then one day be filled with his babies toys. I don't think there could have been a more perfect gift for the Buddy Bee's 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment