Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Parade Honoring Those Who Served in Iraq and Afghanistan.


A month before deployment, Andrew and his unit were asked to participate in a parade honoring them.  The American Legion post 311 and the town of Hawley, a small town outside of Honesdale where Andrew's unit is stationed, worked very hard at making this parade more than just a parade.  This day was honoring their service, sacrifice, and love for their country.

Our little family.

My boys are perfect together. 
 They both get the "just being a boy" thing which I will never understand.


Buddy Bee kisses for Daddy.

My handsome husband. 

The only way I got Andrew to pose for a picture of just him was because of the Bee.
Operation Kid Comfort creates quilts for children of deployed military personnel with pictures of their loved one.  And since I don't have many pictures of Andrew in uniform I asked for just a few for Buddy Bee's quilt.  He gladly would do anything for the Bee. 

My boys, ready for the parade. 

While Andrew and the other soldiers were preparing to march Buddy Bee
 enjoyed watching the traffic. 



Mini marshmallo's make the perfect parade snack. 

Buddy Bee and his deployment buddies. 

Having a blast waving his flag.


When the parade was about to start we lined the  kiddos up so, they could have
 a perfect view of their daddies.


It was a simple parade but one that was perfect in honor for our soliders.



Andrew leading a small group of his Soldiers who have all volenteered their time for this day.










My little boy may not know what it means to be proud of someone but he sure
was cheering his daddy on and waving his flag. 


Buddy Bee was such a good boy but a 2 year old can only take so much sitting still.




My handsome husband at parade rest.


My boys reconnecting after the parade. 

After the parade we enjoyed games, food, and lots of Buddy Bee running.




Off and running with Daddy right behind.

Heading back in the right direction.


Daddy caught the Bee.


Buddy Bee can never pass on meeting a new dog and friend. 


A great crowd came out and supported these veterans and deploying soldiers. 




Buddy Bee on a mission with his new ball. 







I love this picture of Andrew talking to his son. 


Buddy Bee not a fan of the hotdog. 



My boys having a great time. 



I love these boys together. 


We had a perfect day together celebrating Andrew.  
Andrew was happy because he walked away with a Kindle Fire.  
We are so thankful for these last days together.   



No comments:

Post a Comment